For the best quality, professional reupholstery.
The services we offer, specialist restorer and upholsterer:
List of our services
- Sofa repairs.
- Chair repairs.
- Spring replacement.
- Full Upholsterer Services.
- Antique chairs and sofas reupholstered.
- Upholstered furniture repairs.
- Curtain making and installation.
- Blind making and installation.
- Car, Campervan – Motorhome, Caravan upholstery.
- Commercial reupholstery contracts.
- Hotel soft furniture reupholstery and restoration.
- Bespoke sofa and chairs made to order.
- Bespoke headboards made to order.
- Bespoke footstools made to order (see video above).
- French polishing and wood furniture restoration.
We specialise in restoring and reupholstery for the following brands:
Sherborne – Duresta – Vale Bridgecraft – Parker knoll – Ercol – Cintique – George Smith – Wesley-Barrell.
@sherbfurniture @duresta #valebridgecraft @_ParkerKnoll @Ercol_Furniture @GeorgeSmithUK @WesleyBarrell
- Sherborne – Recliner Chairs and Settees, contemporary Corner Suites, traditional Fireside Chairs, and Adjustable Beds.
- Duresta – Duresta has made luxurious upholstery in Nottinghamshire since 1938. British handmade furniture created by skilled craftspeople, using the best materials. A lovely English style, with a unique and individual touch.
- Vale Bridgecraft – Mostly traditional, fixed upholstery and some contemporary sofas and chairs. They also produce Recliners and Lift & Rise Chairs. Built upon a solid wooden frame, an exception handcrafted manufacturer.
- Parker knoll – Frederick Parker started the business in 1875 using British craftsmanship in London. He learned his craft from his father, a cabinet maker, and then passed these skills on to his sons. A stylish British classic. All the Sofas and Chairs at Parker Knoll are handcrafted in Britain to an extremely high standard, always a pleasure to work with.
- Ercol – Very distinctive in style Ercol produce bentwood furniture along with sofas, armchairs, and footstools. Started in England in 1920 it remains a quality product that we have worked on for 30 years. The chairs with a bentwood frame and an arched back supporting delicate spindles. The wood selected was originally was English elm – a wood previously thought impossible to bend because it distorted.
- Cintique – In 1908 Cintique, originally a beech frame manufacturer was founded by Jack Cinnamon. Located in London, the company was in the heart of the UK and well known for high-quality manufacturing.
- George Smith – Stylish traditional furniture made in workshops in the North of England. Influenced by early nineteenth-century furniture makers with a contemporary style for our lives today.
- Wesley-Barrell – Traditional furniture that has had roots in Witney, Oxfordshire since 1895 and now, with 12 showrooms across the UK.
Furniture retailers supported, for example:
John Lewis – Barker and Stonehouse – Furniture Village – Barkers of Northallerton.
@johnlewisretail @isyourhouse @isyourhouse @Barkers198_202
See photos of ‘Our Work‘ – The Quality of Our Work
A Full High-Quality Bespoke Service
All our work is bespoke reupholstery, every job BJ produce is guaranteed for 3 years. Barry, our head upholsterer, works on every job to ensure the outcome is to his exacting standards. Restored and reupholstered furniture is build to a much higher standard than say factory produced furniture. The fabrics we use are only high-quality upholstery standard, not ‘made to a budget’ like factory produced furniture. The difference is astonishing. This is a handcrafted bespoke service – once you have experienced it, anything else will be just a compromise.
Areas We Cover
North East England and North Yorkshire, UK. We can collect and deliver nationwide.
We are based in Darlington and provide reupholstery services and repairs in Darlington, up to and including Newcastle and all of the North Yorkshire area. Including Richmond, Northallerton, Barnard Castle, Leyburn, Durham, Middlesbrough, Stokesley, Sunderland etc. North East England and North Yorkshire, UK. A nationwide service is available – kindly contact us for a guide cost to include transportation.
Our shop offers you the opportunity to view examples of our work along with an extensive range of fabrics for you to choose from, as well as helpful friendly advice. With the workshop located above the showroom, Barry and Jo are on hand 6 days a week to assist you. You can browse through our fabric samples at your leisure and we even provide a loan service so you can take them home to match samples against your décor.
Do I Need To Book An Appointment to visit the shop?
It is always advised to book an appointment with us before you arrive. This way you will not have to wait to be seen and can receive the best possible service we have to offer. Everyone who comes to visit our shop will be guaranteed a warm welcome.
The other benefit to booking an appointment before you visit is that you will be able to give us an indication of what you are looking for and give us the opportunity to personalise your visit.
To book an appointment simply fill out this form and send us a request. We will do our best to book you in at your most convenient time and you can expect a response within 24 hours.
The showroom is in Darlington, Co Durham, UK.
Request a Quote
The contact form below: – kindly remember to complete the easy math box at the bottom of the form – this is to stop automatically generated SPAM emails – Thanks.
See some examples of our work ‘Before and After’
A Broken spring can be quite annoying; we can provide a complete service from replacement spring through to a complete overhaul.
Deep buttoned sofas can be especially quite difficult but, a work of art when completed.
From small jobs to full suites re-upholstered, we can provide a complete professional and friendly service!
For Upholstery in Darlington BJ Upholstery offer reupholstery, Furniture Repair, Chair Upholstery, sofa reupholstery and all types of reupholstery.
Also, let’s not forget the all-important replacement cushions – Foam, Feather, and fiber…… can be replaced to give your furniture the lift it needs.
We also have an excellent French polisher, our wood repairman, he also works with cane and reeding.
We have a wide variety of skills here at B.J. Upholstery and it will ensure we offer you the best from the start of the job through to returning the item to you. If you have any inquiries feel free to contact us or visit the showroom.
We will travel far and wide to see customers; with a customer base that extends over many areas of the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you all and giving your upholstered furniture the tender loving care it might require.
Specialising in reupholstery, loose covers & furniture repair – Be our next satisfied customer!
• Is your sofa looking worse for wear? Let us give it a new lease on life!
• With 30 years experience, you can be sure your furniture is in the safest hands
• We can supply a wide range of quality fabrics to give your furniture a totally new look.
• Free estimates available, pick up and delivery included in the price.
• Just give us a call, we will be happy to help Phone now 01325 483817 -or- Send us a Message
Replacement cushions also available
Upholstery North East England and North Yorkshire, UK.
• Are your cushions beginning to sag? We have foam, feather, fiber inners all available & made to measure
• Have you had a spring give way on you? Not a problem we can replace it!
No Job too small, antique or modern, headboards and footstools made to order!
We also work with leather, assuring you that we can provide a complete upholstery service.
North East England England and North Yorkshire, UK. Newcastle, Sunderland, Stockton, Durham, Darlington, Barnard Castle, Bishop Auckland, Richmond, Northallerton etc. Free quotes!